Well, after 20 hours of travel and a long customs line, we are safely here in Nairobi. My friend, Ginger, comes 3-4 times a year, so everyone is happy to see "Mumbi," a name for the mother of all the Kikuyus. They meet us with hugs and smiles, as bright as the sun. This lovely room will be our home for the next month. We were greeted with fresh roses and a bowl of fruit and chocolates.
The first task was to unpack all of our things and figure out where to put them. No easy task for a month-long stay. As I started to pull my clothes out, I started to notice little bits of love tucked among the folds. My sweet kids had hidden little silly things throughout all three suitcases.
Included in that was two very special notes cheering me on! And so, fall into bed, exhausted, but ready to see what the Lord has in store for me.

I'm so glad that you got there safely!
ReplyDelete