Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Few Days in the Bush


The team from Seattle arrived Tuesday night and Wednesday we left for three days on Safari in the Maasai Mara.  It is a beautiful reserve,  just north of the Serengeti, and is filled with wild life. I have longed my whole life to go on a safari and wasn’t disappointed.  We saw so many animals-Lions, Leopards, Cheetahs, Gazelles, Elephants, Wildebeests, Hippos, Giraffes, etc.  Sometimes we could drive right up to them. Sometimes, we needed to stay back. But always, we were just observers.  I came away with a feeling that this is how the world was created to be. This is where these animals thrived. It showed the perfect harmony in nature. 


One of the things that Mother Theresa said is “We need to find God, and He cannot be found in noise and restlessness.  God is the friend of silence.  See how nature-trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon, and the sun, how they move in silence.  We need silence to be able to touch souls.”

So many would jostle to get in position for the best picture.  But, after doing that for a while, I put my camera down and just enjoyed the show in silence. 

We have now journeyed back to Nairobi and will continue our work at KDS. School starts Monday and I am so excited to finally meet the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment