I should have known we were in for a wonderful day when our driver showed up in this shirt. I asked what Bwana Asifiwe meant. He said it means "Praise the Lord."
It was Saturday and all we knew was that we were going to the primary school and we would see a few students. We were immediately greeted at our van as we pulled in the parking lot. The students were already singing a greeting song. Then they took us into the courtyard and surrounded us with song. There really is no way to explain how wonderful that feels. They all want their pictures taken and they all want to see themselves afterwards.
And most of all, they ALL love Ginger!! And she loves them back!
We were taken into the head office and given wraps and told that we were going to go get some different lessons from the students. One group was going to learn a song, one was going to learn the Lord's Prayer in Kiswahili and ours was going to learn a traditional dance. This is my laughing buddy, Debbie. They have to keep us separated because we just have to look at each other and laugh.
I know you are surprised that I ended up in the dancing group. : ) But, these little girls were very intent on getting these Wazungus to dance with a little flare. While here, I signed up to sponsor another child. Charity is the sweet little girl in the purple just right of the center.
I've tried to post videos, but internet is a constant battle here. But, my heart is filled with all the songs that come from these beautiful, musical people from Kenya.




No comments:
Post a Comment