Today I got a glimpse of what heaven will be like. On our way to school, we pass miles and miles AND MILES of slums. People have hard looks on their faces, as they scrape for their
daily wage in any way that they can.
Finally arriving, the gates of the school are opened and we enter in two
vans.
I make a point to hold each hand that is thrust into mine
and look them in the face. I try to say something to them, but it is
overwhelming. They lead us into the courtyard, where they surround us and sing
praise songs. Then the school bell rings
and they run off as quickly as they came.
One of them has caught my eye. He stares at me every time I am looking his
way. When all of the others are busy, he
looks piercingly at me and I am entranced.
“This one, Janice. “ I hear my Lord say. “This one is the one I want you
to pray for.”
We are taken on a tour of the school and in one of the classes, I see him again. His name is Dennis. We talk briefly and then our group moves on.
I can’t get him out of my mind. As we load back into the vans and head out, Dennis is in the schoolyard, blowing kisses to me. I blow them back through the window, but with each one send a prayer that he will be blessed.
Very cool Janice! Adding Dennis to my prayer list too! Love you. Be safe.
ReplyDelete